Monday, April 11, 2011

RenovationNNNNN

Renovation, the 69th World Science Fiction Convention (Worldcon)




Well, for the last 6 months of my life it's all been about the book! And, the book I'm referring to is the one I've been working on, dreaming about, thinking about, obsessing about, crying over, bleeding over, screaming at, smooching, talking about, writing about... you get the idea. It's Children of the In-between, and it's finally HERE! *flops down face first onto the couch*

Children of the In-between officially launched on April 1, 2011, at Supanova, Brisbane. And what a whirlwind that was! Supanova was another HUGE thing I got to stress over - and look forward to - making absolute sure I had everything I needed for the three day event. And what an event it was! It was MAD! Mad and fun! I think I had more fun talking to the cosplayers - as you can see from the photo of me and some guys from Mortal Kombat.. The costumes were unbelievable, but I think my absolute favourite was Marty from Back to the Future. I actually did get my photo taken with him, but it didn't turn out. :(

Anyway, now that Supanova is done with ... hang on ... what's that? It's not done with for 2011? WHAT! ... yes, that's right, folks. Because Christopher Lloyd couldn't make it this time, Supanova is going to happen AGAIN in November! I don't know whether to laugh or cry, but I'll definitely be there. :)

But, in between now and November, I have another event, which I'm currently brainstorming ideas for. WorldCon is on in August, and thanks to the ArtStart grant, I'll be attending the five-day MASSIVE conference in Reno. Yep, that's right, I'm heading to Reno, Nevada and I'll be putting some new artworks into the 'Renovation' Art Show and Awards. Hopefully I'll get to shake the hand of fantasy art veteran Boris Vallejo. I'm really looking forward to WorldCon, but I had better get working on some new fantastic pieces first!

No comments:

Post a Comment