Friday, July 11, 2014

What I've been up to and the Showcase 100...

Well it's been a while! I'm not even sure there are still people who read blogs. Are there? Is anyone out there? Helloooooo?

For those who ARE still out there and reading this, I thought I'd give a bit of a run down on what's been happening in my creative world of late. Unfortunately, I've been sworn to secrecy for some projects, so I can't go into too much detail.

Quite a it has been happening actually. The project I've been working on for the past 6 months (yes, the one involving Neil Gaiman) is getting closer to completion. There's still a bit to do, but the end is in sight. That's about all I'm allowed to say about that one!

I'm working on a couple of book covers at the moment, too. One is for Orion Books in London. It's called 'The Grindle Witch' and I'm having a lot of fun with this one. The roughs have just been approved, so I will be onto furious painting now! I'm very happy with the look of the rough, but the real happiness doesn't come until the finishing stages of painting. I can't show anything for that one either at this stage. HAHA!

What I CAN show is a poster I completed for Melbourne's House of Burlesque. They're putting on a live show for the Fringe Festival called 'Pandora's Dolls', and it sounds awesome!



Oh! I'm forgetting the best news of all! Hire an Illustrator, and Little Chimp Society are putting together a show and book of 100 quality illustrator's work, and one of my pieces was chosen out of 1440 others. Hooray! My 'Reaper' will gracing the walls of The Framers Gallery in London next April:



Check out the other illustrators taking part here: http://sc100.co.uk/artists/


Here's hoping I'll make it to London next year for opening!


So, that's what's happening in my world at the moment, along with some other bits and pieces I'll talk about once they're in full swing.

Thanks for reading! Bye! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment