Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Imaginism Adventures... Day 22

We're now in our last week of the Imaginism Workshop, but that's plenty of time to fit in a whole heap more knowledge and dinners with the Imaginism crew. :)

Last night we were fortunate enough to attend the Artist Master Class Workshop with Bobby Chiu in Downtown Toronto. It was an amazing night! Bobby is such an inspiration I could listen to him talk all day. The information he was giving us at the workshop was invaluable, and the skills he has given me will greatly influence my art and career. It already has! His ability to tell a story kept me well and truly at attention, and the metaphors he used to explain certain situations relevant to the arts industry, success and career, will stick with me forever. His teaching technique is definitely unique.



      
Arist Master Class- awesome.      









With a combination of the knowledge being passed on by Thierry, Bobby, Kei and the rest of the Imaginism crew, I'll have a fully stocked arsenal by the end of the 30 days.

Last night finished off with a late night dinner in China Town with the entire Imaginism Studios crew. I feel I'm getting too used to this. We're very spoiled here at the Imaginism House!

Now for some more art ability progress! I've posted the finished Pirate Elf character design painting, which was an absolute great learning experience for me. The more Thierry picks my stuff apart, the better I'll be, so I love it when he finds even the tiniest things I could improve!


I've also posted a lovely pink sphere. Yes, it's only a sphere, but it has taught me so much about light and colour. Amazing!

This one is not quite perfect, but I plan on practicing spheres for a long time to come.

We're learning techniques in acrylics all this week, so stay tuned for some very cool stuff. All I'll say is - Meat Boy. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment